What's your tune-up routine? Plus bonus ?s

Dan Bubb wrote:
> Pretty sad that in this case your lack of knowledge makes somebody else
> stupid.

Relax, sensei.  The only stupid ones are those that bit on my trolling.
  Go take your sloped forehead to the dealer for some more o-rings.  I
was just trying to prove that there was a more controversial topic than
gear oil.

Chris wrote:
> Redline seems to be the favorite. There are a couple of versions.
> Asking which is the best one for your transmission will generally result
> is a long debate.

And, yeah, you almost never have to adjust the solid ones.  You'll find
one valve that's maybe a hair off.  Especially worthless if you're
telling a n00b without a Bentley to go buy a special tool.  They just work.

Let's take a poll:
Who regularly adjusts their valve shims?
How many are off by how far?
How much better is it afterwards?

PS  I am stock discless, my 85 T3 and 86 C3 are both hydraulic.