90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

David,

I just checked ETKA, and they only have one part no. for each hub carrier,
for '85, you can check each year up to '89 , if you want, but they all
accept 100mm CV's. ;)
'85 A2 Left 191 407 255 B and the right one is 191 407 256 B.

The early A2's had hub carriers with built in brake carriers, so you are
locked into to 9.4" rotors.

Late A2, A3 4 cyl, and '90-93 B3, not sure about B4, but probably, have hub
carriers with threaded holes for the brake carrier, just like an A1. The
10.1" carriers from these cars will not fit the A1 hub carriers, but you can
still use the calipers, rotors, and pads.

If anyone wants to run A2 hub carriers, they should get the late A2, with
the larger ball-joint and larger bearing.

> I have learned that this is not true.  A GTI might have the larger-holed
> spindles, but not all of them do.
They all went to the larger holed
> spindles in either 88 or 89.  If you find a Golf with a VIN of 3, it is
made
> in Mexico, and it will have the larger-holed spindle.
>
> David

I don't know about that, ETKA makes no mention of this and they have the
built in brake carriers, making them almost useless.

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...