90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter" <peter@thescirocco.com>
To: "'David Utley'" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:45 PM
Subject: RE: 90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

> David,
>
> I just checked ETKA, and they only have one part no. for each hub carrier,
> for '85, you can check each year up to '89 , if you want, but they all
> accept 100mm CV's. ;)
> '85 A2 Left 191 407 255 B and the right one is 191 407 256 B.

I agree.  However, if you look in the Golf heading GOM (as opposed to GOU,
Golf/American made)
starting in '89, that should show a different part number.  :-)

> The early A2's had hub carriers with built in brake carriers, so you are
> locked into to 9.4" rotors.

Again, IIRC the later ones do not have this trouble, but to be honest I have
not put my
hands on them and compared...

> > I have learned that this is not true.  A GTI might have the larger-holed
> > spindles, but not all of them do.
> They all went to the larger holed
> > spindles in either 88 or 89.  If you find a Golf with a VIN of 3, it is
> made
> > in Mexico, and it will have the larger-holed spindle.
> >
> > David
>
> I don't know about that, ETKA makes no mention of this and they have the
> built in brake carriers, making them almost useless.
>
> Peter
> http://thescirocco.com/

Look over in GOM and you should be seeing what I have seen.

I would show specifc pages in mind, but I am trying to upgrade ETKA as we
speak, and it is not currently running...  :-(

David