I'm back! Well, actually...

Good luck!!!
John
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hignight, Joshua Adam " <joshua.hignight@baptistcollege.edu>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 9:20 PM
Subject: I'm back! Well, actually...

I'm not. I was going to send a message to a couple people to say "howdy",
but thought I'd just sign on the list again for a week or so and fill in
some blanks...

I got my scirocco running again in the summer of 2004, with the major help
of William and Cristine (aka Mr.&Mrs. Techography.net) via the donation of a
transmission. Shortly thereafter I realized the need of either rebuilding
the stock fuel system or replacing it with a standalone system. Being
enrolled in a college that is biting off chunks of my wallet/savings/credit
at $230 per hour, neither was an option. So I sold the scirocco, including
all it's bits and pieces to a gentleman in north Alabama for the nice sum of
$2,000 in September of 2004.

Since then I've been vehicless. That is until this past saturday, when I
procured a 1995 Isuzu 4wd pickup. For free. Hoo-Rah! Look out National
Forest, here I come!

I currently have no plans to ever own another VW. (Well... maybe a tube-rail
dunebuggy one day.) While I enjoyed my scirocco, and moreso enjoyed the
likes of listers Ben Harding, Daun, Brett Van
Screw-it-I'm-not-even-going-to-try-to-spell-your-name,William & Cristine,
and many others, VW's became more of a headache than a hobby. The next car I
build will probably be something with a V8 and rear-wheel drive. I'm
thinking FFR '65 roadster...

So, thanks for all the help, and the good times. If/when I can return the
favor, let me know!

-Josh

P.S. For those who might be interested, I'm getting married July 1st...