90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> How does that sound? I'm not starting it, as I have
> nothing to contribute.

> So who wants to get that rolling?
> cathy

Well, not really me.  But it would probably be a good
idea to generate an outline of info that should be
included and then fill in the information.  And then
get someone to format it for inclusion.

Offhand, you'd want to mention:

1) any interchangability between JOINTS on a given
axle
2) interchangability of AXLES between Mk1 and Mk2
vehicles and any issues for particular builds (I vs
II)
3) any particular dates to be aware of for design
changes (when it all swapped over - precisely if
possible, as in '84, '84.5, or '85?)
4) perhaps an explanation of the 'in-between' trannys
that might be either 90mm or 100mm depending on year

Some of this info might exist in written form, but it
would be nice to pool it all together.