G60 swap questions

On 1/25/06, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:

> The hydraulic clutch is another fabrication project and quite frankly
> getting the postions of the pivot points correct to get full clutch travel
> is beyond measurement and calculation. We tried, we failed, we modified.
> ;^)
> (it does work now BTW). www.eurospeed.ca makes a clutch conversion kit and
> originally we ordered that, but then found out it doesn't work on
> Sciroccos
> since the firewall is different from the Rabbit firewall.

Glad you said something because I was thinking the 02A and 02J were not
similar and did not know if the 02A was hydraulic clutch.  I saw on
Kirsten's web site how much fabricating went into the hydraulic clutch.

It appears the G60 02A came with 100mm axles and in that case stock 100mm
> Scirocco axles will bolt up.
> The kit you linked is not a bad deal. The picture is so small you can see
> anything (like does it include the mounting brackets??). But if it really
> does have everything pictured plus the mounting brackets, and clutch MC
> stuff, then $400 is a really good deal. I'd ping them for a decent sized
> picture so you can see what all is in the kit.

I think I will ask for more information.

Anyway, lot of fabrication unless this kit is the magic pill.
> I'm going with an 020 on my turbo (at least until I bust a couple!). It's
> lots easier and bolts to the G60 block.
> my <.02
> Dan
>
> Looking like the best way to go.  Maybe sell the 02A to recoup some of my
money or see if I can exclude it from the purchase.

BTW do you know if either the 3A, 9A or ABA can be swapped for the G-60
block?  My guess is that they do not since I have not seen anyone with a
2.0L G-60

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3