G60 swap questions

As Neal points out installing the 02A is a LOT of work.
Mounting brackets are available, but they're in the $300 dollar range. I've
made them in the past for the 02J, but there are differences between the 02A
and J and I don't know the specifics. raceshop or theraceshop or whatever
sells 02A brackets. They're in NJ IIRC.
Mounting the cable shifter is not too big a deal as long as you don't mind
cutting a 5" x 10" hole in your center console. There are pictures at
www.funksoulkitty.org of the work Kirsten and I did to install the 02J cable
shift in her car.
The hydraulic clutch is another fabrication project and quite frankly
getting the postions of the pivot points correct to get full clutch travel
is beyond measurement and calculation. We tried, we failed, we modified. ;^)
(it does work now BTW). www.eurospeed.ca makes a clutch conversion kit and
originally we ordered that, but then found out it doesn't work on Sciroccos
since the firewall is different from the Rabbit firewall.
It appears the G60 02A came with 100mm axles and in that case stock 100mm
Scirocco axles will bolt up.
The kit you linked is not a bad deal. The picture is so small you can see
anything (like does it include the mounting brackets??). But if it really
does have everything pictured plus the mounting brackets, and clutch MC
stuff, then $400 is a really good deal. I'd ping them for a decent sized
picture so you can see what all is in the kit.
Anyway, lot of fabrication unless this kit is the magic pill.
I'm going with an 020 on my turbo (at least until I bust a couple!). It's
lots easier and bolts to the G60 block.
my <.02
Dan