Calling all Transmission Experts!

>I want to replace the starter bushing but the Bentley >doesn't explain how
>take it out and put the new one in.

I have used a tap that's slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the
hole, but slightly larger than the i.d. of the bushing. It will thread the
inside of the old bushing, and should force it out. You can also pry it out
after the tap is good inside the bushing. Sorry, no help on the size.
Or I have used a chisel to break the old bushing... if it is not brass, it
should be brittle enough.

> Again the Bentley does not explain or
>show pictures on how to do these regular maintenance >operations.

I have used a sealer puller, a pick set, and standard screwdivers for this.
I think what matters most is how careful you are. Seal puller is usually
easiest for me.

>I have athese parts brand new but need some simple >advise on how to put
>them
>in.

As stated by Jim, use a socket that fits the best for the pushrod... 9 or
10mm deep socket i think... Remove the pushrod, but remember which way it
went, the ends may be different. I use a small hammer and long 3/8 extension
to install the main shaft seal.
I hope all this helps in some way,   Jeff