parts clarifacation

I've ran for quite some time without that rubber piece and have never noticed
any pedal vibration, but as Dan hints at, it may very well be car-specific. I
know the shape of the rubber can help to keep the clip assembly in place, but
I've never had one installed without the rubber piece let go on me.

Also, back when I did keep the rubber piece in there, there was never an issue
re-using the rubber piece as well as the metal clip hardware.
HTH
Al