Fixing things I've done wrong - Battery relocation

On 4:08 pm 08/26/06 "Koabi Brooks" <koabi@seeohdee.com> wrote:
> My dad is looking for a battery for his nova project, my battery
> cable is damaged - I am going to sell him my optima and look into the
> small battery option sooner than expected.
>

> How does it mount in the stock location?  I do have some clearance
> issues, so if it's sitting up higher than the stock battery, let me
> know (there is a charge pipe right above where the battery used to
> be).
>

> Now I won't have to get a kill switch and a battery box.  yay

I still wanted to be able to toss a regular battery in there too, so I made
a Lexan panel the same size as a stock battery's base and strapped the
Braille down to it. So I remove the battery and panel as one piece, with
one hand I might add, and it uses the stock tie down hardware. I used Lexan
because I had it from a leftover greenhouse repair, you could use anything
flat and rigid. I had actually considered strapping a hamster wheel to the
front of the panel, there'd be enough room....it'll be smaller in all
dimensions than a normal battery, and can be mounted any way up.

Cathy