Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed + (ATTN: Ron P.

On 8/8/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> b) MkI Mark put that Shine bar on in my garage. Afterwards, the car just
> didn't lift like a normal A1. Can't tell you exactly what was different,
> but it just looked VERY different being lifted. And remember, 90% of what I
> ever jack up is A1 chassis. This has to indicate a change in chassis
> stiffness.

IIRC you witnessed the car being lifted before the bar was installed
(to get the jackstands under it).  I lifted it from one side at the
rear (you need a more "manly" floor jack! :D), and the whole back end
lifted pretty much equally.  For some unknown reason that 86 (now
Allyn's) was incredibly stiff - unlike any Scirocco I've owned, and
I've owned a shitload of them...

Later,

Mark.
75