Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed +(ATTN: Ron P.

> IIRC you witnessed the car being lifted before the bar was
> installed (to get the jackstands under it).  I lifted it from
> one side at the rear (you need a more "manly" floor jack!
> :D), and the whole back end lifted pretty much equally.  For
> some unknown reason that 86 (now
> Allyn's) was incredibly stiff - unlike any Scirocco I've
> owned, and I've owned a shitload of them...
> Later,
> Mark.

Yes, even with the shine bar off, jacked from one rear corner (at the axle beam mount point), lifts that entire end of the car.  I
can't tell if its suspension or some fluke in body assembly, but that it by far the stiffest, most rigid scirocco I've ever driven.
It is easily on par with A2/B3 subframe setups, and it has no stress bars (upper or lower) installed.  I'm still scratching my head
on how its possible.  It's like driving one of those mini-indy track cars.  Remember those german track pics of the green mk2
lifting the inside front in the turns?  This car does that, even *without* the shine bar installed.  It is really begging me for a
quaife.  If I'm near the powerband in second and try to punch it through a sweeper, it will spin so freely that I'll hit the rev
limiter if I'm not careful.

Al