Some Track day North stuff...

> I'll post to the whole list because I'm sure there are some
> who have yet to decide if they're gonna come, Anyway, first,
> if you wnat to come for any or all of the weekend, that's
> great, whether your car is mobile or not. There is no
> obligation to put your car on the track, okay? Hanging out
> and not racing is fine!

The Scirocco is still a no go unfortunately... I am in need for a
suspension/shocks for the A4. It bounces like an old Chevy right now. We'll
see if I can get shocks FAST in Canada. Any outlet near or around Toronto
for Bilsteins?

> Rough schedule:
> Friday: Arrive/settle in/cold beverages and food/general
> bullshit and socializing/random wrenching/sleep. Show up
> whenever, I'm on holiday all summer. :) Maybe we can do some
> junkyard scrounging or something if you get here really early.

Cool!

> Saturday: Breakfast here, and head for the track. Circuit
> track is available all day, drags begin at 4. I expect the
> circuit will be done by 8 pm or so, but drags will go on
> painfully late. But you can come back here without me. Then
> back here for bedtime snacks and pillow fluffing, and sweet dreams.

Do we need helmets?

> Sunday: This is still a bit open, we just went for a tour of
> the Niagara Penninsula, (I have detailed directions for a
> couple of potential routes) and I'd like to go to the Falls,
> maybe do the Maid of the Mist. (That would add about $20 CDN
> to the budget, but it's well worth it). Anyway, we can find
> lunch down there, and head back here, or you can head out from there.
> There is a cruise night, but not till like 7pm. Stay another
> night if you can, it's not a problem. LMK how long you figure
> on staying so we can plan the outing Sunday.

First thing that comes to my mind if I hear "Niagara" is Icewine! Any
tasting/buying possible?

> To bring?
> Sleeping bag/pillow/towels maybe? LMK if you'll need cash
> exchanged, the track is $75, and I think they add gate
> admission to that, so you'll want $100 CDN I'd say at least.
> We can do a bank run if we have to. You'll want photo ID for
> the border too, in case they check. That's all I can think of
> for now...
> Cathy

This is going to be a blast week-end kids!!!

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q