Rear Deck question

Anyone ever try to recover the rear cargo deck on your Rocco?  The vinyl on mine was starting to come undone so I had the bright idea to try recovering it.  Got some black vinyl recovered it and it turned out pretty good (pardon me while I pat myself on the back that is).

Things looked good.........until I installed it today and about 20 minutes later the vinyl starts to lift off!!!!!  I used a DAP contact cement that was rated to over 150 degrees.  Anyone know of a better cement?

Karl
1982 Scirocco (aka ROADKILL)
1982 Scirocco Project (aka piece of S**T in the garage)