Rear Deck question

On 9:34 pm 08/02/06 silvius14@comcast.net wrote:
> Anyone ever try to recover the rear cargo deck on your Rocco?  The
> vinyl on mine was starting to come undone so I had the bright idea to
> try recovering it.  Got some black vinyl recovered it and it turned out
> pretty good (pardon me while I pat myself on the back that is).
>
> Things looked good.........until I installed it today and about 20
> minutes later the vinyl starts to lift off!!!!!  I used a DAP contact
> cement that was rated to over 150 degrees.  Anyone know of a better
> cement?
>
> Karl
> 1982 Scirocco (aka ROADKILL)
> 1982 Scirocco Project (aka piece of S**T in the garage)

You mean that flat hunk of masonite that people hack into for speakers? If
so, I recovered Klaus' with delicious chocolate marine grade carpet (I
chose it for its light weight, water proof-ness (lined the trunk with it
too), and mainly UV stability). Not sure about vinyl there, but mine's held
down with that spray adhesive (maybe 3M?), as is the carpet on those side
shelves. It survived Waterfest, that's the hottest my car's ever been in
the 3 years it's been in there. Now in Fla? You may need like something
military rated for the afterburner area of a fighter jet or something. I
bet you're hitting way over 150F, especially if it's black, which aim sure
it would be!
Cathy