From: silvius14@comcast.net [mailto:silvius14@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:35 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Rear Deck question

Anyone ever try to recover the rear cargo deck on your Rocco?  The vinyl on
mine was starting to come undone so I had the bright idea to try recovering
it.  Got some black vinyl recovered it and it turned out pretty good (pardon
me while I pat myself on the back that is).

Things looked good.........until I installed it today and about 20 minutes
later the vinyl starts to lift off!!!!!  I used a DAP contact cement that
was rated to over 150 degrees.  Anyone know of a better cement?

Karl
1982 Scirocco (aka ROADKILL)
1982 Scirocco Project (aka piece of S**T in the garage)