Idle question, don't delete me please...(Fox manifold/8V)

C Boyko said:

> Yeah, and that's why I referred to it as one of the "most stock" examples
> in my other post (as in, it's probably plumbed right)

Heh...and for CIS it behaves well...I sometimes have some cold start
hesitation, other than that, cleanest burning car i think I have ever
owned.  My hesitation only happens when its around 50 degrees or so...its
like the thermotime kicks off too early and the car isn't quite warm
enough for how lean it goes...oh well.

>> Did you replace the CPR, if yes, from what car?
>

> No, and from Klaus, but not sure if Berhle ever changed it. I'll check PNs
> tomorrow.

Ok, make sure of that.  The CPRs are different part numbers for the lambda
and non lambda cars, would need to check the bentley, but I wouldn't be
surprised if they operate in different ranges.

>> Do you have the proper fuel pressure gauages to test system and
>> control pressure?
>
> Yes, and that's been done twice, first by someone I paid, then with
> someone
> I trust, and the pressures were all well within spec. And electrical tests
> were also within spec, resistance IIRC. Which is why the CPR didn't get
> changed, though I cleaned out the screens to it. Twice.

Ok, what I would REALLY be curious of, is what happens to control pressure
at the time of the problem.  That would be a definitive test as to it
being an issue with the CPR or not.

> But I'll check the PNs tomorrow. And it may just be the mix was too far
> off
> for the system to deal with it. Tonight's (much leaner) drive seemed
> better, but it's not something that happens every time I drive it. I'll go
> for another romp tomorrow.

Entirely possible.  Setting mixture to correct settings (with an exhaust
gas analyzer since you have no lambda) should be the 1st step.

> And thanks eh? It was that plumbing I wanted to know about, maybe I'll try
> rerouting it again tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes Cathy!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)