even more clutch crap

On 10:37:53 pm 09/16/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> pulled (and pretty much destroyed) the end cap on my transaxle (the
> little thing embossed with the VW emblem).  the toothed clutch-rod
> depressor arm works fine, but the bearing cap on the push rod was way
> down in there, and wouldn't come back up by itself.  so i guess it's
> the pressure plate.
>
> i'm not an expert on vw stuff,  but i'm thinking i should just buy
> the clutch parts from the adirondack guys, tow the car to my friend's
> house, rent and engine jack, and get to work -
>
> sound right?
>
> blake/

And talk to the Adirondack guys about the oddball tools if you don't have
them. There are two triple square (spline drive, NOT Torx) bits, one for
the axle, one for the starter, that you'll need, and a 12 pt socket
(7MM???) for the PP bolts (IIRC, it's been a while). Not sure if they sell
them, but they'd know sizes and who sells them. The other oddball is the
centring tool, but it should come with the clutch kit. And  bigass
socket/bar for the axle nuts, but you may have that.

I've used an engine sling, and I know there are many who swear by their
homebuilt lumber contraptions. Nothing like quality bonding time with your
car, eh?

cathy