Brake Problem

On 6:57:32 am 09/17/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Check your rear motor mount. Mine did the same thing when it
> separtated.
>

> Julie Macfarlane
> "Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> 1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> Amsterdam NY

Bad master cylinder gives soft pedal feel, and continued travel towards the
floor after you've pretty well already applied the brakes. (it won't stay
put,  keeps creeping down). I've not had clunking for them yet. Sounds like
something's shifting when you stop hard, maybe the exhaust is hitting the
chassis? (which a bad motor mount could do) Mine used to hit both rear axle
and front sway bar, look for shiny spots, it'll be hard to replicate with
the car in the air...But that was on acceleration IIRC.  I'd be inspecting
a lot of the big bolts, seems they can back out???(even though they
shouldn't)
(Someone a while back had their tranny nearly detached, I lost a starter
bolt...)

GL