even more clutch crap

pulled (and pretty much destroyed) the end cap on my transaxle (the
little thing embossed with the VW emblem).  the toothed clutch-rod
depressor arm works fine, but the bearing cap on the push rod was way
down in there, and wouldn't come back up by itself.  so i guess it's
the pressure plate.

i'm not an expert on vw stuff,  but i'm thinking i should just buy
the clutch parts from the adirondack guys, tow the car to my friend's
house, rent and engine jack, and get to work -

sound right?

blake/