even more clutch crap

In a message dated 9/17/05 7:04:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

> RE: even more clutch crap

If you've got a regular car jack that's of decent size that's all you need.
Remove your back up switch wires, speedo cable, shift linkage, axles, front
exhaust hanger, and clutch cable.  Then the front, back and trans side motor
mounts, and you can tilt the whole deal enough with the jack on the oil pan (with
a woodblock) to slide the trans right out without damaging (stretching) any
hoses or wires.  Lay on your back and with the help of a freind, slide it back,
and then hold on and drop it down (don't drop it on your head or tilt it
cause fluid comes out the speedo hole and smells like ass), slide out and have the
freind take the trans off your chest.

I broke a pressure plate once between rounds, and got it changed and adjusted
before the next round.  I'd say 45 minutes or so.  I switched to a regular
hex head bolt on the axles though for quickness and was able to use an
air-ratchet to remove them and snug them back up, which saved me prolly a good 20
minutes of fiddling with those triple square bolts.  Anyway, if I was doing it in
the garage, it'd be a Saturday afternoon type deal.

Good Luck