New DD and a question

Thanks, all.

Pulled the transfer pump....tank looked purdy clean and the strainer was
clean.  Pump/sender mount did not seem to be sealing too well.  I think the
PO try to pry it off before he figured out you need to turn it to release
it.  Straighted that out, put it together and the car ran great!
Coincidence?  Does that tank need to be airtight?  Maybe just the towing
sloshed the system into shape?  Strange.  Put some Wurth injector cleaner in
the almost empty tank, ran it empty last night and this morning and put some
premium in it.  It missed once or twice above 5k, but otherwise runs great.
Go figure?

Now I have to start my laundry list.  One thing at a time <sigh>

Oh, and it died for a second in front of my friend's shop today, just as I
was putting it in reverse.  A wisp of smoke from the fusebox area.  I
wiggled the relays and it started and ran fine.  Gonna swap out the fuse box
and change the battery ground cable/check some grounds.

Jim