WAS: Possible DD Scirocco, NOW: New DD and a question

> > On 9/13/05, Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > >  I just got back from Eastern PA, with a black 85
> Wolfie in tow.
> > >  Woo hoo.

Congrats!!!!

> > >  It bogs, sputters, misses and stalls when you gas
> it....idles
> > >  fine.

Gut instinct is a BIG vacuum leak.  Second gut instinct is,
as you say, the loud fuel pumps.  I'd replace both since
they're very noisy.

And correct me if I'm
> wrong...but don't we
> have TWO Jims on this list? And what type of Scirocco
> does the OTHER Jim
> have? (Oh yeah, a black Wolfie...)

Bzzzzt.  Sorry Cathy, I'll have to correct you.  The other
Jim (of Force Heat Chemicals and Money fame) used to have
an '84 Wolfie, he now has a non-Wolfie '86.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *still Canadian, but on it's way Stateside*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172