WAS: Possible DD Scirocco, NOW: New DD and a question

On 8:40:06 pm 09/13/05 Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats!
>
> On 9/13/05, Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >  I just got back from Eastern PA, with a black 85 Wolfie in tow.
> >  Woo hoo.
> >
> >  The seller was a nice guy (kid) and the price was reasonable.
> >  Here are the details:
> >  Black

Awesome!! Congrats.

> >  It has a running problem....I'd be open/grateful for your thoughts
> >  and suggestions:
> >  It bogs, sputters, misses and stalls when you gas it....idles
> >  fine.  It seems to starve for fuel after you gas it, as it dies
> >  pretty hard and doesn't recover to an idle.  Seems slightly worse
> >  after running for a couple of minutes.

Ah, that's "arschlaufen",  GL!! (I have a sticker to cure that, BTW)

(Seriously? Could be a few things, but I'd check injectors.)

> >  The fuel pumps are way noisy....both of them.  I'm thinking a
> >  clogged strainer/filter on the transfer pump.
> >

> >  Those pumps are so noisy.  They seem to be straining.  I'm
> >  probably gonna pull the transfer pump first.
> >  Thanks for listening.

Could be a bunch of crud it the tank, take a look. Or the thing got run
dry, that's when Klaus started his assrunning. He's better, but it's been a
long chase figuring it out. (He needed TWO sets of injectors, the first
clogged after I did the fuel pump/distributor)

As I said, GL! You'll get it...And correct me if I'm wrong...but don't we
have TWO Jims on this list? And what type of Scirocco does the OTHER Jim
have? (Oh yeah, a black Wolfie...) You guys should be checking VINS, maybe
they were nest mates.

Cathy
Cathy