Anyone heard from Mike Abatzis?

thanks all. i'm alive and well and now in kinston, nc--just in time for
another hurricane ;)
i was down there for the whole thing; i'll post my thoughts when i finish
writing them. in the mean time, i was on 'anderson cooper' on cnn last week,
and will be (apparently) be on 'cnn presents' saturday at 7pm and sunday at
8pm. on the bright side, my house didn't flood, though i don't know anything
else about it still. will be going back to nola next week to assess. from
reading online forums, it looks like we have water (running, that is) and
have/will soon have power believe it or not. hopefully i'll be moving back
permanently next week to start the cleanup (that fridge is going to be a
nightmare). new orleans is going to be back sooner than people think; the
areas on the news are mostly residential/semi-suburban. the areas truly
vital to the city, and what people come there for (french quarter, uptown,
downtown, tulane/loyola) suffered damages but not the horrific flooding. if
you go to http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24442075.jpg you can see
satellite imagery of my neighborhood taken at the height of the flooding. my
house is position 2420x1690 if you open the image in microsoft paint; you
can see the flooding at the left of the image. looks like my roof (including
the tin roofs of the porch and shed) are mostly intact. maybe a hole/lost
shingles or something on the front of the house (towards the left). we'll
see.