Bosch Fog Lights

Dumb question.................what grounds the Bosch Fog Light??  Is it the housing that's bolted to the bumper?  I tried taking the bulb out of the housing, connected a wire from the metal around the bulb (ground?) and attached it to the bumper.  Still nothing?

What am I missing?  Gee did it ever work??

Karl