Bosch Fog Lights

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: silvius14@comcast.net
  To: Jeff ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:40 PM
  Subject: Re: Bosch Fog Lights

  >Dumb question.................what grounds the Bosch >Fog Light??  Is it the housing that's bolted to the >bumper?  I tried taking the bulb out of the housing, >connected a wire from the metal around the bulb >ground?) and attached it to the bumper.  Still nothing?

  >What am I missing?  Gee did it ever work??

  >Karl

  If it like this one
  http://webpages.charter.net/nurian/MVC-902F.JPG

  The white wire is the bulb, and it leads to a black wire
  The brown wire shown here is the ground for the lamp.
  Coming from the rear of lamp assembly is 1 black and 1 brown wire.
  If the ground checked ok, then check power to the lamp, and connections from the lamp towards relay. Try the other new bulb in the problem lamp. As suggested, you're bumper may not have provided a happy home for a ground. Just need to find the weakest link...
  Jeff