DDSS (Different day, same shit)

Or Different device. So my task was the non working blower motor, and to
replace the non working air horn. The air horn turned into a decent
fabrication project, reminding me once again that I love:
a) my bigass bench vise
b) my handy step drill

Anyway, it's in, so on to the blower. As in defrost fan, not forced
induction.

This of course is the MkI. The fan just quit, so I suspected a wire had
been unhooked/severed by my other rumblings for the AAV and other wiring
tasks. Test continuity, everything is just dandy, so on to the "voltage at
device". 9.9V. Hmmmmm, sigh. I'm convinced this whole car ran on 10V at
some point. I'm thinking the motor must be pooched, cause shouldn't it run
on less than 12 but slower? I guess not. The motor is fine. Sigh.
I'm on a break, but I'll be off with the multimeter trying to see what is
resistant. And if nothing else, another "tear the entire circuit out and
replace" exercise. This is why I keep a photocopy of the Bentley wiring
diagram in the glovebox, a practice I highly recommend.

Enough for now. At least I know some stuff it isn't.

cathy