Lets talk about voltage.

On 11/7/05, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> > I'm sure I have a core somewhere in my pile-o-parts...  Let me know if
> > you need one...  Why can't you use your current alt. as a core?
>
> Bucket bolt, rounded head. (tis is an AC Cabby) So the options are to pay
> someone to remove the bolt (which I don't think is gonna be pretty either),
> or break the housing off of the bolt to get it off (sacrifice the core),
> then remove the bolt. There's not enough clearance to easily weld a nut
> onto the bolt, and I've exhausted the other options. Suggestions are
> welcome.

I see...  Scrap the damn thing - I'll dig around tomorrow and see what
I can come up with...

> I hope so. The fact that the car ordinarily runs smoothly is a good sign I
> think. Hey, wanna come drive my other 8V and tell me what it's problem is?

I know exactly what the problem is - CIS..  Time for a full motronic
swap!  ;)  I'm loving mine...  No hiccups, perfect idle, what's not to
like!  (until the first time I get stranded on the side of the road
and start scratching my head about which computer or sensor is
f*cked...)

> WOW! Now THAT's good news.
> Cathy, off last week to lay brother-in-law to rest (leukemia)

Sorry to hear that - pass on my condolences to Dennis...

Later,

Mark
75
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **