Lets talk about voltage.

> I'm sure I have a core somewhere in my pile-o-parts...  Let me know if
> you need one...  Why can't you use your current alt. as a core?

Bucket bolt, rounded head. (tis is an AC Cabby) So the options are to pay
someone to remove the bolt (which I don't think is gonna be pretty either),
or break the housing off of the bolt to get it off (sacrifice the core),
then remove the bolt. There's not enough clearance to easily weld a nut
onto the bolt, and I've exhausted the other options. Suggestions are
welcome.

> >  Also, the fuel pump seems noisier when the voltage dips. Is this a
> >  case of "bad fuel pump causes the draw", or "fuel pump gets noisy
> >  when it doesn't have enough juice". The car seems to accelerate
> >  smoothly enough, it just dies at idle with a ton of accessories
> running.
>
> I'm guessing the pump runs noisier when the voltage is low, vs. it
> being the problem.

I hope so. The fact that the car ordinarily runs smoothly is a good sign I
think. Hey, wanna come drive my other 8V and tell me what it's problem is?

> Later,
>
> Mark - confirmed cancer-free today after a bit of a scare...  (Yay!)

WOW! Now THAT's good news.
Cathy, off last week to lay brother-in-law to rest (leukemia)