[OT: TDI] Eternal error code & stealership

On 9:56:06 am 05/25/05 "Eric S" <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:

> Find someone in your area with a VAGCOM and scan it.  Give us the
> actual code, and we'll go from there.
>
> Glowplug harness is about $25 if I remember correctly...if the code is
> coming from the glow system, thats first part to throw at it.  Mine
> went bad in 10k miles!
>
> --

Every time I have CEL I pretty well ignore it now till it's convenient,
it's always been in the glow plug circuit, and it's usually one plug that
is out of mesh with the others (resistance is what I believe the trigger
is) I had a bad harness once too, it was cheap enough, and the relay is
another item that may give you grief, but it's not likely to be the cause.
The car will run and start just fine, and after a short drive, boing!!!
there's the CEL.
Oddly, I'm sure my MAF is toast again and it doesn't throw a light.

Cathy
99 TDI bug DD, hopefully it'll turn 200 000 on the strip this weekend since
Klaus has said very clearly that he doesn't want to go, darn stubborn
Sciroccos...