[OT: TDI] Eternal error code & stealership

On 5/25/05, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Every time I have CEL I pretty well ignore it now till it's convenient,
> it's always been in the glow plug circuit, and it's usually one plug that
> is out of mesh with the others (resistance is what I believe the trigger

It's a difference in current between the two bus circuits (on the
older TDI's, there's 4 circuits on the newer ones I believe) that
trips the CEL.  If the evil God of  TDIs is out to get you, then you
can have two bad plugs and no CEL (if each bus has a bad plug.)

> is) I had a bad harness once too, it was cheap enough, and the relay is
> another item that may give you grief, but it's not likely to be the cause.
> The car will run and start just fine, and after a short drive, boing!!!
> there's the CEL.
> Oddly, I'm sure my MAF is toast again and it doesn't throw a light.

Apparently mixing BOSCH and BERU plugs on the same bus causes grief -
the current draw between the two is often different enough to toss a
code, even though the plugs themselves are fine.

> Cathy
> 99 TDI bug DD, hopefully it'll turn 200 000 on the strip this weekend since
> Klaus has said very clearly that he doesn't want to go, darn stubborn
> Sciroccos...

Klaus needs to come and stay with Carrots and get his sorry ass kicked .

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - the next GTD?