[OT: TDI] Eternal error code & stealership

Eric S wrote:
> What is the code?
>
> My 2000 TDI Golf had the same issues.
>
> Common suspect on glow plug CELs is the harness itself.  Cheap to try.

Though we have been dating for 2-3 years, I have never accompanied her
car to the doctor.  I told her to ask the indie shop the code last year
but all I got was "obscure [warm up circuit] code--we don't/can't know"
and never followed it up.  I'll try to call them tomorrow and see if
they wrote it down.  If the harness is bad, how do you test cheaply?

The car only has 25K on it in 5 years and has done this the whole time
while performing normally in every other sense.

What was your code?  Did a new harness fix it?  Plug wiggling?