Rod/bearing/whatever.....something just went....

On 5/22/05, Dan <danws69@earthlink.net> wrote:
> In case anyone cared/was wondering....
>
> #3 rod bearing spun.
> Remove & replaced crankshaft/all rod bearings/#3 rod
> Tested & towed back to Tampa (have I ever mentioned how much I loath
> towing cars with my Scirocco.....)

Did you check/replace the intermediate shaft bearings while you had
the engine out?  If you spun a rod bearing, chances are good that you
have damaged/ excessively worn intermediate shaft bearings (I''ve seen
more than one diesel engine where they've worn thin enough to fall
out!)

Worn intermediate shaft bearings will reduce your oil pressure to
dangerous levels (reuslting in things like spun bearings...)

Doomsayer Drew...

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - the next GTD?