cat price/quality + NOx question

IIRC, an engine that runs too hot or too lean (b/c lean mix causes
high temps) will increase NOx levels.
Therefore, leaky fuel injector seals will lead to excess air which can
lead to increased NOx levels, so yes, that could be part of your
problem.
Other things to check are cooling system in general and spark timing.

-Grant-