What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

--- Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't honestly tell but I don't think that the tranny
> gears were swapped
> for a taller one. Is there a way to tell with out opening
> the tranny? Maybe
> someone pacing me in 3rd gear at a given speed like 55mph
> to see what the
> speed/rpms read? This is going to bug the piss out of me
> until I find out. I
> really don't like to look like a braggart.

Well if dad still has his old police radar gun and it's
calibrated correctly...   hmmmm.

That or a GPS does nicely for these tests.

FWIW, the speedo reads off the final drive gear, not the
individual gears.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *coming soon*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html