cat price/quality + NOx question

Egad !?!  Failed the @#$% emissions test this time on the NOx levels, which jumped nearly 90% from last year.  HC and CO were up 50% but still well below passing, so I'm hoping that replacing the cat, which has been rattling like nickels in a coffee can for the last few months, will do the trick.

 From price comparisons it seems I can pay anywhere from $72 at the local Autozone, to ~ $150 for an Emico or Bosal.  I'm on a tight budget, but also I don't want to buy a piece o' crap ... so, is it worth spending the extra $?  Or is the Autozone/FLAP version just as good?  Any advice muchly appreciated.

Also -- would leaky/hardened injector seals contribute to higher NOx emissions?

Leo

84 Wolfsburg Dee-Luxe