Alt problem?

> From: Nate Lowe <nlowe79@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/05/17 Tue PM 01:38:07 EDT
> To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Alt problem?
>
> I believe it's the "exciter" wire that is the culprit in this problem.
>
> http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/alternator/alternator.htm
>
> It's right at the beginning.

My old alternator did this for years.  I had to rev it past 1.8K for the light to go out.  Something in the alt. was lazy, all the wires were inspected, cleaned, reinspected, and found no faults...

The new alt. I got from Peter (thescirocco.com) does not have this problem.

I have had two other dubs in the past that did the same thing.  If it works, I would not worry about it.  At least, not until we get a clear indication of how to fix it...  ;-)

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...