Re: Now: Safe cars for speeding?

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:11:26 -0500, you wrote:

My vote for "stealth speeder" would have to be anything with a roof rack.
It's like diplomatic immunity.  Jeep Cherokees, Quantum Wagons, Subarus....
My Gti was pretty stealthy, too.  Red cars are the absolute worst.  A red
Scirocco is undriveable on public highways.  lol

My personal favorite was a 1986 190E Mercedes, which made an honest
(or at least unapprehended) woman of my (lead-footed) wife.  Her prior
rides were a 79 Corvette which she replaced with an 84 Corvette.
Neither were "arrest-me-please" red but traffic school instructors
started recognizing her from attending so often to wipe out speeding
tickets.  Not to mention the times she got stopped and didn't get
written up.

We dumped the Vet in late 85 and got the baby Benz.  My wife swears,
and I will confirm, her speeding habits were absolutely unchanged yet
she never again got a ticket.  "The CHPs don't even look at me
anymore"
Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9