Was: How long to get to Cincy from Philly? Now: Safe cars for speeding?

From: "Jim Ruffi" <sciroccos@earthlink.net>
Date: 2005/03/01 Tue PM 01:15:49 EST

Sidebar:  I used to get speeding tickets all the time in my red 16V.  It was
new and shiny and got a lot of attention...I'm sure many know what I'm
talking about.  Much more attention from the fuzz than my 911...or even my
motorcycle.
So, I got a 225k mile 1978 Dasher wagon.  I flew by cops all the time in
that little bugger and they never even noticed me!!  That car saved my ass
from the sling.  Not to mention my other cars from the NJ winters.  Now I
have a Buick....same thing.  That car has the high-output 3.8, which is a
sweet motor, for an American car ;-)

You know, to a degree this is true.  But, not always.  Anytime I thought about speeding in my '77 Westy (camper to the uninitiated), I got a ticket...  Sum bitch is so big, for radar to hit y'know...  You should have seen the expression of the OHP when I got pulled over at a clocked 87 mph (new motor, warmed over, flat-out)...  :-)  I have much fewer problems with my GTI, but that is not saying much...  :-(  Damn Highway Patrol planes...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...