Now: Safe cars for speeding?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Utley [mailto:fahrvegnugen@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:05 PM
To: Jim Ruffi; Dan Bubb
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Was: How long to get to Cincy from Philly? Now: Safe cars for
speeding?

You know, to a degree this is true.  But, not always.  Anytime I
thought about speeding in my '77 Westy (camper to the
uninitiated), I got a ticket...  Sum bitch is so big, for radar to
hit y'know...  You should have seen the expression of the OHP when
I got pulled over at a clocked 87 mph (new motor, warmed over,
flat-out)...  :-)  I have much fewer problems with my GTI, but
that is not saying much...  :-(  Damn Highway Patrol planes...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...

My vote for "stealth speeder" would have to be anything with a roof rack.
It's like diplomatic immunity.  Jeep Cherokees, Quantum Wagons, Subarus....
My Gti was pretty stealthy, too.  Red cars are the absolute worst.  A red
Scirocco is undriveable on public highways.  lol