1988 MKII Scirocco 16v - $1700 - SF Cali

The time has come to sell my beloved Scirocco and move on to a MKIII
Scirocco (AKA 94 Corrado SLC). I have had this car for 7 years and the time
has come to move on. It has served me quite well as my daily driver; the car
has not let me down once!
Pictures can be seen here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v294/xpalendocious/scirocco/ The username is "xpalendocious" and the password is "forsale" Feel free to browse around, the 16vT is for my GTI.

Exterior:
The tornado red paint job is showing signs of age, basically oxidation and
some of the clear coat is flaking off, but it cleans up well! The car has
been a California car all of its life. Never seen any salt and it doesn't
have any rust whatsoever! The car has never been in a major accident, or any
that I know of. The driver's door appears to be repainted, but when inside
the door panel I noticed no dents or bondo. It is sitting on the stock 14"
teardrop rims which have been painted black and are in need of some new
tires.

Interior:
The original interior is in relatively great shape. The dashboard is cracked
and the carpet has seen better days, but the seats and everything else are
in great condition. It has a Sony cd/am/fm head unit with a broken screen,
but it still works great. The speakers have also been replaced with some
high quality plate speakers that sound great. The car has power everything -
power windows, power mirrors, and power door locks. The car has about 150k
miles on it, although I can't be sure because when I purchased the car the
broken odometer showed 130K Miles.
Drivetrain:
The 1.8L 16v engine runs great! Recent work includes: Head gasket and all
the other related gaskets and a tune up. A compression check shows 175 psi
across all 4 cylinders. I put a Neuspeed upper strut tie bar on it also. I
also had Boge Gas Turbo shocks/struts installed; the car handles and drives
great! The transmission drives and shifts great although it has a minor
amount of differential whine. It has never had a short shifter and never
been raced with. It is smooth and great to drive. The car passed the
California Enhanced Smog Check last week.

Needs:
The car is in need of some front end work. It is a little sloppy. It may
need a new steering rack and tie rods, I haven't really looking into it. It
also needs an alignment. It is still drivable, but I would suggest getting
this taken care of before daily driving it.

Price:
I am asking $1700 obo for this example of the best year of the Scirocco.
Contact:
Contact me, Kevin Antaki with any questions about the car. It is located in
the East San Francisco Bay Area, or El Sobrante to be exact. You can reach
me at (510) 375-3759 after 3:30pm on weekdays, or anytime on the weekend. My
email address is scirocco@xpalendocious.com . My AOL screename is
xpalendocious if you want to talk on there.