Re: After 30 hours with my new Mk1. And a spring cutting question.

Grrrrant,

Don't do it. (It's likely too late by the time I have replied.)

I went here;

<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerosearch> and under the FORUM selection I chose Volkswagen Classifieds and under what to SEARCH FOR I entered SPRINGS.

I got back 63 entries from the recent post alone, there are likely any more in the archived section(s). (Granted, a lot of those seem to be for A4 chassis cars. Oops.)

Another choice is the word SUSPENSION. In the Scirocco classifieds alone I found 11 results.

Craig's List, eBay, this list, the local flea market, etc, etc.

Here's some concrete examples:

Find some Neuspeed Softsports;
55.10.06 Neuspeed - SofSport - all Mk1 except 16V -
Retail Price $239.95 from New Dimensions  OR

an H&R Cup Kit (It's a combo of matched Springs & Shocks)
<http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=31014.1>
now on sale (& in in stock w/ free shipping) from da Potters of Virtual World (parts4vws) OR

I have a set of Neuspeed lowering springs for $125 plus shipping.
> Part numbers are 1001.2F for the front and 10203R for the rear.
> P.O. had them on a Rabbit and said there were around 5k on them.
> According to Neuspeed's website this will lower your Rabbit 1.25"
> front and rear. Should also fit Mk 1 Scirocco,
> but may require upper spring perches.

Mel Tan <MelAIA@aol.com>
Tustin, CA USA - Wednesday, December 29, 2004 at 03:20:17 (EST)

As an example of the Scirocco.Org Classified entry.

Cutting springs. <shudder>, It's so, so....  ewwwww.

TBerk