MOtor swap questions

On 9:01:02 pm 07/30/05 Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  when taking the clutch and PP and
> >  stuff off the old motor and I check it out and its ok do I need
> >  special tools to put it back onto the 2.0l?  The bentley says you
> >  need alignment tools and holding tools etc.....
> I think they are talking about this tool for the clutch alignment:
> <http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/volkswagen~clutch_alignment_tool~p
> arts.html>
> I have two because it is usually so long between clutch changes I
> forget where I put it and just buy another.  If you know what you are
> doing I beleive you can do it with out the tool, but it is cheap and
> basic to use so go get one.  I do not recall a tool for "holding" the
> clutch.
> --
> Gordy
> MK1 x 3
> Audi 80 - Slated for parts car

Oh, there is a sweetass tool for holding the flywheel IIRC, it engages the
teeth to keep it from spinning, I borrowed it from a good friend when I did
my clutch...And the alignment tool is a platic disc thing, it comes with a
new clutch, but since he's reusung the clutch, he may not have one. Which
reminds me, I should see if I got mine back from the nephew.

Cathy