CIS basic idle/mix ballparking advice

On 8:28:41 pm 07/30/05 Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have a vaccum advance distributor make sure the place you
> attach the vaccum line to on the TB, usually before the butterfly
> valve, is not plugged or clogged.  I finally found out the reason my
> car was running so sh*#%y was because my distributor was not geting
> any vaccume. I had 2 outlets on the back of the TB and just switched
> the line to the one that weas sucking.  Just an experience I had that
> someone else might run into.  Also, what Dan said on adjusting the
> throttle isle position is right on, as always:)

Yeah, and I'd just done some work on that, the nipple on the TB was all
gummed up, so I cleared it out, and checked it with a vaccuum guage to
confirm that it was working. Oddly, it was from the knock ignition that
we'd discovered no vaccuum there, and for knock, that nipple gets blocked
anyway, since it (the box) takes its vaccuum from the intake manifold. This
whole setup's such a hybrid, it's taken me a while to get it all sorted
out. I may double check that it's still sucking, the pinhole in the TB is
pretty small. The car's running well, except for the idle being too high.

Thanks. cathy