CIS basic idle/mix ballparking advice

Okay, this is a straight CIS car, no Lambda/O2 sensor, no frequency valve,
no DPR. No magical mutlimeter/dwell meter number to offer assistance.

Just trying to get it ballpark set up for mix, it will get it's knock
sensing ignition put back in before I take it for proper gas analysis.

Right now the timing is advanced from the stock 6*BTDC, maybe like at 10 or
12. This is straight TCI-H.

I've installed a new auxilliary air valve, since the other was FUBAR
(and this is one of the few times I've been glad to have that Fox manifold,
it puts the AAV in a spot that's easier to access) . Anyway,now I have to
reset idle, and adjusting idle with the idle screw on the TB doesn't change
it much, and even with it fully closed, I can only get the idle down to
1500. I've checked for vaccuum leaks (and that almost sounds like a massive
one eh?) and can't find anything. So that leaves the mixture screw on the
fuel distributor. Any helpful tips for setting this up? Thanks...

Cathy