Update:Re: Low rpm problem

On 6:55:43 am 07/30/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I richened the fuel a quarter turn and the power increased,
> but ....
> The car seems to hunt A LOT. From 1000 rpm at idle to 200-300 then
> back up, surging if you will.

Still sounds like it's doing "Limp home" mode, it's confused. So I'd still
recheck (warm) the DPR and O2 readings. This sounds EXACTLY like mione when
the O2 sensor was dead AND I had a mix that was rich off the map.

> I am going to replace the air filter in a while to see if that helps
> at all.
> On top of the low RPM/stall.
>
> Soon I'll be as frustrated as Cath..... (who turned down my
> suggestion by the way  :)

Okay, beside my computer, for whatever reason, is a list of "Things we can
learn from our dogs". So here's a pearl:
"If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it". Just remember, Cath
didn't give up...and that was only because of list support BTW.

Maybe you have a vaccuum leak? Here are a few to check, besides the obvious
"lines that are cracked/off": Idle screw O ring, that little short bit of
vaccuum line that loops over the top of the fuel distributor, maybe in
around the injectors themselves? Not sure if that will make the idle lope,
but it'll make it idle shittily.

What applies to me from the dog list? "When you're happy, dance around and
wag your entire body." (Or in my case, dig into things while you have
inspiration)

> You guys have come up with a few good ideas for me to check. Any
> others to add?

Yeah, come up here and listen to the son's Rabbit, your car HAS to sound
good compared to that. He has yet to understand the mysteries of the
vaccuum line, he's got "exposed nipples" all over the place. LOL. But
that's legal here anyway.  Shitty idle plus no exhaust after the manifold =
really rough sounding...

I have an idle problem too, actually, I'll post it separately.

Cathy