Update:Re: Low rpm problem

> From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
> Date: 2005/07/30 Sat AM 06:55:43 EDT
> To: juliemac57@hotmail.com,  dswalterwi@gmail.com
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Update:Re: Low rpm problem
>
> Yesterday I richened the fuel a quarter turn and the power increased, but

Why did you decide to do this?  Was it running hot?  Was it running poorly?  A quarter turn is a TON of adjustment, esp. if you do not

> The car seems to hunt A LOT. From 1000 rpm at idle to 200-300 then back up,
> surging if you will.
> I am going to replace the air filter in a while to see if that helps at all.

You may have already mentioned the problem in another email, but in typical parts-guy fashion, I don't remember.  Or is it alzheimers?  What's my name again?

To be announced...

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...