Update:Re: Low rpm problem

How old is your O2 sensor, or the temp sensor in the water outlet?

That .58v is an average, correct?  How quickly does it swing from one extreme to the other?

A quarter turn is a huge difference to make, esp. when that .58 is not really bad...

David

PS--  I do not recall the correct readings for the DPR at all, perhaps someone else will chime in...

> From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
> Date: 2005/07/30 Sat PM 01:37:56 EDT
> To: juliemac57@hotmail.com,  dswalterwi@gmail.com
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: RE: Update:Re: Low rpm problem
>
> Sheesh.
> I turn the A/F adjuster and the DPR does not change at all. Neither when I
> adjust the air by pass.
> I am beining to hate (parts) of the car....
>

> Julie Macfarlane
> "Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> 1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> Amsterdam NY
>

> >From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
> >To: juliemac57@hotmail.com, dswalterwi@gmail.com
> >CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> >Subject: Update:Re: Low rpm problem
> >Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:55:43 +0000
> >
> >Yesterday I richened the fuel a quarter turn and the power increased, but
> >The car seems to hunt A LOT. From 1000 rpm at idle to 200-300 then back up,
> >surging if you will.
> >I am going to replace the air filter in a while to see if that helps at
> >all.
> >
> >On top of the low RPM/stall.
> >
> >Soon I'll be as frustrated as Cath..... (who turned down my suggestion by
> >the way  :)
> >
> >You guys have come up with a few good ideas for me to check. Any others to
> >add?
> >

> >Julie Macfarlane
> >"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> >1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> >Amsterdam NY
> >

> >>From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
> >>To: dswalterwi@gmail.com
> >>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> >>Subject: Re: Low rpm problem
> >>Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:54:32 +0000
> >>
> >>The DPR setting never seems to adjust correctly. I am going to remove the
> >>top of the air box over the weekend to see if its some thing in there.
> >>I thought of a sticky air plate and O2 sensor.
> >>maybe I should swap Klaus with this one for a while and let Cath work it
> >>out  :)
> >>

> >>Julie Macfarlane
> >>"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> >>1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y