Collapsing US bumpers: safe?

You don't even have to take them off, just punch a hole and drill
away.  Just make sure to wear eye protection because they are under
pressure and stuff will come flying out and drill them from below so
when you push them in all the scanky fluid drains out down and not
over your car.  You will have to get creative and trim the end of the
bumper on the rear because they will hang over into the fender well.
 Front bumper will be just about even with the fender well.  At least
on a MK1.

--
Gordy
High Res Picts (if site is working)